Management Software for the Printing Industry
According to the British Printing Industries Federation, the paper and printing industries are among the UK’s largest manufacturing groups, providing services to all parts of the economy, and are regarded as important indicators of economic performance.
Print serves just about every aspect of the economy from central and local government to financial services, retailing, distribution, travel & tourism and manufacturing. The value of sales by companies in the printing industry is around £14.5 billion and the UK printing industry utilises around 140,000 employees in about 10,500 companies which are spread throughout the UK.
When Labelgraphics decided to spend approximately 2 million Euros on new plant and machinery, the business knew it needed a robust and reliable software system to support the company’s new printing capability and ambitious growth plans. As Microsoft Dynamics AX is a fully integrated system with all information in one central database, it enabled the company to do fulfill its ambitions.
Some of the Business Benefits Delivered
- A system that can help manage new and improved printing capability
- Streamlined, error free quotation management process
- A facility to import customer forecasts electronically to aid the planning process
- Complete transparency and consistency for our customers on pricing
- Improved client relations
- Huge reduction in manual errors
- Massive gains in efficiency in the supply chain right across the business
- Ability to clearly see efficiency rates in the manufacturing process
- A completely robust and reliable system that requires minimal maintenance